What I don't like the Habr

image
This post is probably strange. It is not that I have nothing to write, and that spending on habré year, has accumulated a lot of impressions. I learned a lot, found, invented, thanks to habru and his community. But there are things that drive me crazy. This post is about what to me Habr.



Honey


Habré I wanted to go since I learned about the website. And I didn't want to buy or beg someone to invite. I wanted to write a post that is really interesting. To earn the right to be a part of the site. So I wrote about Openbravo POS and received the privilege, which was considered something good. I wish I had a few issues in which I am well versed, I have no talent to write beautifully and to the point. In addition, many ideas are hatched in the head and remain either in their projects or are thrown somewhere in the bin as defective.
So, what are the pros Habra? The main thing is that it's interesting to read. To read what I want, to participate in discussions, to advise, to learn. Habr has a good reputation in the Internet, so written posts can be read not only here but on other popular websites, which then copied the post (though, more often I see at the bottom a link to Habr or the guy who wrote that just fine). That administrators have created something more than just a website, rather, an organism that can itself grow and develop.
But I will stop to pay attention to the disadvantages.

Tar


Karma

I've always liked the idea of karma. Karma controls the users within the society. But users often unclear use rights. I understand that everyone can give all the pros in karma or negative, but sometimes users cons nothing.
Example: I wrote some comment, which gathered more than 50 pros. Karma has not increased, but decreased. What is the reason? Especially disagree with the opinion understands that a minus for saying nothing, but better to zaminusili karma. Therefore, the rating decreases rapidly from the seemingly innocuous words. Others do not see, and the author gets the cuffs.

Rating

The rating is moreover considered as unclear (not transparent, at least not found), he still rides depending on the karma in different directions. There's still sort of activity there is a correction, but strangely all.
In any case, I rarely watch, and others, so I'm not one to swear much.

hubs

With the innovations I'm confused, I had somewhere to subscribe and re-subscribe. Still don't remember what changed in contrast to what it was, but that the movements had to do well remember.

drafts

I can't delete drafts and I don't know what to do with them. Perhaps somewhere there's a secret entrance to Narnia, where stone is hiding a little intimidated by kopacka delete, but I do not have a perfect vision to find her.

Interesting, but cons on this I will finish, because I do not like the Habr more for the fact that there is too much for my satisfaction.

When there is everything you need something else


What did I miss

I don't have enough space, some comments just don't leave, because it is not in the opinion of the majority, so this is not normal. I understand that all people always wanted to break the rule and dissent in order to drag him to your circle, but you need something to do with it.

I don't have the time line in which I could monitor how people behaved on habré. Now everything is explain on fingers: people have written a good post(or even a good one), but the karma he has clearly underestimated. But to understand why — it is impossible. I would like to see how changing the karma at one point or another. Ideally, display and even published posts and comments. After all, karma is reeling because of the actions of the user. Thus it will be possible to quickly find good posts man, look at his history and doing normal findings.
I don't have enough votes, I can't give two pluses in a karma to the person. Six months ago, I raised the karma to something. Today he wrote an excellent post, for which I would like to give him a plus, anymore. And I already forget what it is and when I voted. Keep notes? Sorry, not accustomed.

I don't have normal words! Charlady, haptophyte, charcoaldust, charbuque, harstena, Charcot. All this in the rights of the creators, I'm not too adverse to this, but sometimes annoying.

I do not have a reasonable opportunity to report an error in the word or phrase to the author. You have to write a proposal to allocate the desired position, to indicate to which topic applies. He, in turn, should open a post, edit it, look for a place with the error and, only now, to rule. Really for so many years nobody thought about it?

I don't have enough settings. Seriously. I almost always read the comments especially zaminusovali. When in one hand tea in the other one, turn the page with one leg, drove the cat from Butera the other, and the comments to read the problem, without pointing to it. All can be corrected just one item in the settings. It's gone from Linux, I guess. Now I want more optional and nastraevaemaya under each.

Instead of English


Am I afraid to lose karma? Not anymore, I used her treasured as the Apple of his eye, already do not care, the main thing that was in the black. And if not, in order to write a good post, I can always send him to the sandbox.

Why don't I just go with Habra? Because I like it here and I'd like to make it better.

Why I wrote this post, not shut up in a rag, did not send the recommendation to mail the support? Because these are my thoughts, my reasons, and they are not write prohibited. Besides, I know that on Habre there are more sensible and intelligent people than I who can correctly complement or adequately tcritical me.
Article based on information from habrahabr.ru

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

When the basin is small, or it's time to choose VPS server

Performance comparison of hierarchical models, Django and PostgreSQL

From Tomsk to Silicon Valley and Back